Monday, September 26, 2011

Portrait of a Monster: Joran van der Sloot, a Murder in Peru, and the Natalee Holloway Mystery by Lisa Pulitzer

Like many, many people, I was glued to all of the cable news networks when the story of the disappearance of Natalee Holloway came out in 2005. And like many, many people, I could not believe that no one was ever charged with a crime. When the news of the murder in Peru came out, along with the fact that the major suspect was Joran van der Sloot, once again I sat night after night hoping for some answers. And what did I get - a big nothing.

So when Portrait of a Monster came out, I had hoped for some new information. There are some bits and pieces, but mostly it is a biography of Joran. Very well done, I might add; especially when it talks about his family members and friends. Still, I must admit that I was hoping for more.

Karen

No comments:

Post a Comment