Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Defending Jacob by William Landay


District Attorney Andy Barber is called to the scene of a murder. The victim is a classmate of Andy’s son, Jacob, and the investigation leads to Jacob Barber’s arrest. This shocks both of Jacob’s parents, and Andy is convinced throughout the book that his son is innocent. Jacob’s mother, Laurie, however, isn’t so sure. The charges against Jacob are eventually dropped, but that doesn’t end anyone’s suspicions, including mine. Did Jacob kill his classmate? Is he truly innocent?

At first, I thought the book was predictable. I did keep reading, because I had to know how it ended. I thought I knew how the book was going to end, but I couldn’t have been more wrong.  If you like suspense, and twists and turns, try Defending Jacob by William Landay.

If you like legal mysteries, try books by John Grisham

Carrie

No comments:

Post a Comment