Sunday, July 24, 2011

Never Knowing by Chevy Stevens

WARNING...SPOILER!

Never Knowing is one of those novels that is hard to write about, because no matter what I say, it may give something away. So let's try this...

As in her last novel Still Missing (which I highly recommend!), this story is told through sessions with a psychiatrist. The protagonist, Sara, is adopted, but has always felt a need to find her biological mother. Since Sara is very persistent & impatient (a.k.a. annoying) she refuses to let it go. When she gets the information she thinks she wants, she then begins to agonize (a.k.a. whine) over every twist and turn. And there are a lot of them! (a.k.a. way too long!)

I thought this novel was worth reading, but did not think it was nearly as good as her first. However, I must say I am still looking forward to her next one.

Karen

No comments:

Post a Comment