Saturday, August 20, 2011

Dominance by Will Lavender

Lavender's first book, Obedience, was one of he best books I ever read. It was just so clever! So, when I found out he had written another, Dominance,I could not wait to get into it. And, in my opinion, this one is even better. It begins in 1994, when nine students at a small Vermont college are invited to attend the class "Unraveling a Literary Mystery."  The professor teaches the class via satellite from a prison where he is serving time for murdering two college students years earlier. If that isn't creepy enough, he leads the class into a strange game called The Procedure, which started back when the professor was a student himself. I really can't tell you much more without ruining it. Let me just say this; if you like a novel that keeps you guessing from start to finish, then you will certainly be satisfied with this.

Karen

No comments:

Post a Comment