Monday, September 17, 2012

Porch Lights by Dorothea Benton Frank

Cover imagePorch Lights is the story of a family after tragedy occurs, and about going home again. When Jackie's firefighter husband is killed on duty, she and her 10-year-old son are devastated. Jackie decides to spend the summer at her childhood home on Sulllivan's Island to try and heal and decide what is the next step for her and her son. Her unconventional parents are there to help her heal.

Hmmmm...what can I say about Porch Lights? I could say it was my favorite novel by Dorothea Benton Frank, but it wasn't. I could say there's a lot going on in this novel, but there wasn't. I could say the plot is plausible, but it wasn't. I could say the characters are well drawn, but they weren't. I could say that there are twists and turns, but there aren't. What I can say about this novel is that it is quiet - quiet characters, quietly paced, quiet setting. One big quiet yawn.

Read one of her other novels, as generally they are quite good.

Karen

Read alike author: Anne Rivers Siddons

No comments:

Post a Comment