Monday, June 16, 2014

Never Tell by Alafair Burke



Detective Ellie Hatcher steps into the home of a suicide victim, and is convinced that that’s exactly what she’s seeing: a suicide. The mother of the victim has other ideas. Against her better judgment, Hatcher and her partner start to investigate. Hatcher was wrong; the death of Julia Whitmire wasn’t a suicide at all. Julia was involved in a strange case of cyberbullying.

I loved If You Were Here by Alafair Burke, so I was excited to read Never Tell. I didn’t love this one. I almost gave up on it, but it had just enough interesting details to make me want to keep reading. I listened to the audiobook, and I think it may have been the reader that I didn’t like. I also kept comparing Ellie Hatcher to Eve Dallas, J.D. Robb’s famous detective. Ellie wasn’t gutsy enough for me.

Try If You Were Here by Alafair Burke. You won’t be disappointed.


Carrie

No comments:

Post a Comment